Pre-Authorized Property Tax Payment Plans
The Town of Collingwood offers two pre-authorized plans for payment of your property taxes. These plans authorize the Town to automatically withdraw funds from the bank account you designate and apply them to your tax account. There is no surcharge for either plan.
- You are eligible if your account is paid up to date.
Benefits of the Plan:
- Easier budgeting by spreading payments out without any special charges or interest;
- In the event of postal disruption, illness or vacation, your payments will still be made;
- Save the cost of postage, special trips and avoid line-ups to pay your tax bills; and,
- Once you have enrolled in the plan, you do not have to reapply.
How the Monthly Plan Works:
- Your 2015 tax levy is divided into 10 equal payments. This amount will be deducted directly from your bank account on the 15th of the month from January to July inclusive.
- When the final tax levy has been calculated, the increase or decrease in your total 2015 levy will be added or deducted from your monthly payment. You will be notified of the change in your monthly withdrawal amount that will cover the months of August to October inclusive.
- Your enrollment in the 2015 Pre-authorized payment plan will be confirmed by letter.
- Your 2015 Final Tax Notice will be receipted and sent to you in November 2015. You will also receive a letter indicating the new payment amount which will commence in January 2016.
Supplementary Tax Amounts:
- Supplementary taxes are usually not included in the pre-authorized payment plan and must be paid separately.
Terms & Conditions:
- Enrollment in the chosen pre-authorized plan is automatically renewed each year if your account is current.
- If you are moving within Collingwood, the plan is not transferable. You must complete a new application form.
- Any changes in banking information must be sent to our office in writing no less than 15 days before your next withdrawal.
- If you wish to withdraw from the plan, notification must be sent to our office in writing no less than 15 days before your next payment.
- An administration fee of $40.00 will be applied to your tax account for any amounts returned to us from your banking institution. Two occurrences of this nature will result in being removed from the plan.
How to Enroll:
- Complete and sign the attached Authorization Certificate.
- Attach an unsigned blank cheque marked void for the account you wish to use for withdrawal purposes.
- Ensure that all signing officers for that account sign the form.
- Mail or deliver the form to:
Town of Collingwood
P.O. Box 157
97 Hurontario St.
Collingwood, ON L9Y 3Z5
If you have more than one tax address, please complete a separate form for each property.
If you wish to sign up anytime throughout the year, please call us at 705-445-1030 and press selection “1”.
|PAP Form 2016.pdf||74.29 KB|
|PAP Form 2017.pdf||74.29 KB|