- LIVING HERE
- DOING BUSINESS
- VISITING HERE
Wanted: COLLUS Power Corp. Journeyperson Meter Technician Lead-Hand
COLLUS POWER CORP
JOURNEYPERSON METER TECHNICIAN LEAD-HAND
COLLUS Power Corp has an opening for a Journeyperson Meter Technician Lead-Hand. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Operations. This working position is responsible for providing supervision and/or training of meter technicians and/or apprentices in performing a variety of routine skilled and technical work in the maintenance, repair and installation of electric meters and associated equipment; ensures worker safety regulations.
Duties include but are not limited to meter changes, maintaining and programming new electronic metering hardware and software, troubleshooting meter modem/communication equipment and telephone lines, and Customer Service assignments as required.
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Valid class G Ontario Driver’s License
- A Journeyperson Metering Certificate that is accredited with the EDA
- Minimum three years experience as a Journeyperson Meter Technician
- Shall be a graduate of an Electrical or Electronic Engineering Technology program from a Community College
- Eligible for OACETT certification as a Technician or Technologist
- Knowledge and experience with various forms of wireless communications technology.
- Knowledge and experience with various monitoring equipment and analyzers
- Strong computer skills including basic office productivity software preferably, Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel)
- Must be able to demonstrate problem solving skills related to identifying and resolving technical issues.
- As this role requires customer interaction, excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills are required.
- Must have a high regard for personal and public safety
Knowledge of the Harris Billing System and Sensus Metering would be a definite asset.
Experience in an electrical utility, in particular with electrical servicing and familiarity with Measurement Canada requirements is a definite asset. Ideally, the candidate will have a working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and associated regulations, EUSA rulebook and safe work procedures.
Qualified candidates are invited to send a detailed resumé and cover letter by Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 4:00 pm to the attention of:
COLLUS Power Corp
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box189, 43 Stewart Road,
Collingwood, ON L9Y 3Z5
Fax : 705-445-2549
Re: Confidential – Application for Journeyperson Meter Technician Lead-Hand
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
|Meter Technician Lead Hand Job Posting 2012.pdf||21.47 KB|