- LIVING HERE
- DOING BUSINESS
- VISITING HERE
Wanted: COLLUS Director of the Board
Collus Power Corp a private corporation operating under the Ontario Business Corporations Act, is seeking applicants for a position on its Board of Directors.
Collus Power Corp is a subsidiary of Collingwood Utility Services and is solely owned by the Corporation of the Town of Collingwood.
As a member of the Board of Directors you will have responsibility for overall stewardship of Collus Power Corp. The new Board Member will compliment the talents and resources of existing Board Members.
Principal responsibilities of the Board include managing risk, establishing communication policies and ensuring effective systems are in place to ensure the integrity of corporate internal controls and management information systems.
To fulfill the requirements of the Board, we are seeking applicants who can demonstrate many of the following skills and abilities:
- corporate commercial acumen
- knowledge of current public policy issues and government regulation relating to the electricity industry
- current Human Resources practices
- current experience in corporate governance
- experience with creative & successful marketing approaches
- an appreciation for the collective and individual roles and responsibilities of the Directors
As the electricity markets are experiencing rapid change, applicants with current experience/knowledge and contacts in the industry will be welcomed.
The term of the position will be three years.
The successful candidate must be eighteen years of age or older, have an established reputation for personal integrity and honesty and have demonstrated the ability to exercise independent, objective and sound judgment.
The Director must be independent of any affiliate of Collus Power Corp. Therefore the following persons are not eligible to apply:
- a shareholder, director, officer or employee of any affiliate;
- a member of council, a member of a “local board” as defined in the Municipal Act, 2001 or an employee of the municipality.
Applicants who are selected to become a candidate will be required to undergo an interview process designed to evaluate skills, knowledge and appropriateness of their application.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit résumés clearly marked ‘Confidential’ no later than 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Att: Ms. Pamela Hogg, Board Secretary,
Collus Power Corp
P.O. Box 189, 43 Stewart Road,
Collingwood, ON L9Y 3Z5
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org