Notice of Passing Zoning By-law 2012-078 re: 2 Harbour Street West

You are in the ARCHIVE SECTION of the website.
This expired item is listed here for reference purposes only.
TAKE NOTICE that the Council of the Corporation of the Town of Collingwood passed By-law No. 2012-078 on the 18th day of June, 2012 under Sections 24(2) and 34 of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P. 13, as amended.
Amending Zoning By-law No. 2012-078 pertains to a parcel of land located southwest corner of Highway No. 26 West (Balsam Street) and Harbour Street West.  This land is a vacant lot municipally addressed as 2 Harbour Street West and is legally described as Part Lot 45, Concession 10, Part 1 on Reference Plan No. 51R-30863, Town of Collingwood, County of Simcoe. 
THE PURPOSE AND EFFECT of this Zoning By-law Amendment is to implement adopted Official Plan Amendment No. 28.  The Zoning By-law Amendment will rezone the northern portion of the property from Resort Commercial (C3) to Highway Commercial Exception Seven (C5-7).  The C5-7 zone will allow all of the typical highway commercial uses except for motor vehicle gasoline station, motor vehicle repair garage, motor vehicle sales establishment, motor vehicle supply outlet, motor vehicle towing, motor vehicle wash and recreational vehicle dealership.
Note that Council has also adopted associated Official Plan Amendment No. 28 (File No. D084411) that is related to this land.  The northern portion of the subject property is proposed to be re-designated to Highway Commercial Exception Five (HC-5) on Schedule ‘A’ entitled Land Use Plan of the Town of Collingwood Official Plan. 
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that any person or agency may appeal the By-law by filing with the Clerk of the Corporation of the Town of Collingwood, not later than the 12th day of July 2012, an appeal form setting out the objection to the By-law and the reasons in support of the objection, accompanied by the fee prescribed under the Ontario Municipal Board Act in the amount of $125.00 which must be in the form of a certified cheque or money order payable to the Minister of Finance. If you wish to appeal to the OMB, a copy of an appeal form is available from the OMB website at
Only individuals, corporations and public bodies may appeal the Zoning By-law Amendment to the Ontario Municipal Board.  A notice of appeal may not be filed by an unincorporated association or group.  However, a notice of appeal may be filed in the name of an individual who is a member of the association or group on its behalf.
No person or public body shall be added as a party to the hearing of the appeal unless, before the by-law was passed, the person or public body made oral submissions at the public meeting or written submissions to the council or, in the opinion of the Ontario Municipal Board, there are reasonable grounds to add the person or public body as a party.
DATED at the Town of Collingwood
this 22nd day of June, 2012.
Sara Almas
Town File No.  D14411
Syndicate content