Notice of Passing of Zoning By-law 2012-088 - 121 High Street

You are in the ARCHIVE SECTION of the website.
This expired item is listed here for reference purposes only.
TAKE NOTICE that the Council of the Corporation of the Town of Collingwood passed By-law No. 2012-088 on the 28th day of May 2012 under Section 34 of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P. 13, as amended.
By-law 2012-088 pertains to land located on the east side of High Street, opposite Stewart Road and are legally described as Lots 41 and 42 East of Balsam Street, Lots 41 and 42 West of Elm Street, Part of Elm Street and Part of Fourth Street, Plan 51R-36307, Town of Collingwood, County of Simcoe and is known municipally as 121 High Street.  The subject lands are presently zoned in the Town of Collingwood Zoning By-law No. 2010-040, as amended, Residential Third Density  (R3). 
THE PURPOSE AND EFFECT of the proposed Zoning By-law Amendment is to rezone the subject land from the R3 zone to a Residential Third Density Exception Forty-Six (R3-46) zone in order to permit the property to be divided into 32 freehold townhome lots accessed by a private condominium road while maintaining compliance with the provisions of the zoning by-law as if the parcels continued to comprise one lot.  Plans of subdivision and condominium were also granted draft approval on July 16th, 2012 for a one block subdivision and a common element condominium consisting of the private road, visitor parking and landscaping (File Nos. D1201112 and D07212).
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that any person or agency may appeal the By-law by filing with the Clerk of the Corporation of the Town of Collingwood, not later than the 16th day of August, 2012, a notice of appeal on the requisite Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) Appeal Form setting out the objection to the By-law and the reasons in support of the objection, accompanied by the fee prescribed under the Ontario Municipal Board Act in the amount of $125.00 which must be in the form of a cheque payable to the Minister of Finance.
Only individuals, corporations and public bodies may appeal the Zoning By-law to the Ontario Municipal Board.  A notice of appeal may not be filed by an unincorporated association or group.  However, a notice of appeal may be filed in the name of an individual who is a member of the association or group on its behalf. No person or public body shall be added as a party to the hearing of the appeal unless, before the by-law was passed, the person or public body made oral submission at a public meeting or written submissions to the council or, in the opinion of the Ontario Municipal Board, there are reasonable grounds to add the person or public body as a party.


DATED at the
Town of Collingwood
this 27th day of July, 2012.
Sara Almas, Clerk
Town File No. D14212
Syndicate content