Submit a Community Event
We welcome the public to submit community events to our listings. Town Staff will review each listing prior to it appearing on the website. There is no cost to the listings but there are guidelines.
- The event must be located in Collingwood or one of its neighbouring townships. Events that have multiple locations are eligible if the majority of the locations are in or near Collingwood.
- The event must be open to the general public.
- Events shall not promote hatred or derision of any group and shall not discriminate on any grounds covered by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Events that charge a nominal admission price to recoup costs or raise funds for a good cause are appropriate.
- All events must include a way for the public to obtain more information about the event
- Events must be 'one time' events, events cannot be several weeks long
- Seasonal 'Series' events may be approved ie. Saturday morning Farmer's Markets. Please note each 'event' must be submitted separately
Examples of appropriate Events:
- Public fundraisers, festivals, meetings
- Art exhibit openings
- Theatre performance openings
- One-time sporting events that are open to the public
- Community group registration nights
- Permitted street events
- Talks and lectures
Examples of inappropriate Events
- “Member-Only” club meetings and events
- Private classes
- Private, for-profit events
- Commercial sales promotions
Inclusion of any event is at the sole discretion of Town Staff. Submissions will be edited for length and clarity.
When you submit your event, you will notice an "Access Denied" message until Town Staff have reviewed your submission.
Please include a phone number or email address so people can get more information about the event.
If you are having trouble submitting an event, send an email to 'events at collingwood dot ca'
If your event meets these requirements, click here to submit your community event.